|Average length of stay||1 Day|
|Length of stay in hospital||None|
|Operation duration||5-30 Minutes|
|Recovery duration||1 Day|
Wrinkles are lines, creases or folds in the skin caused by so many factors, such as, aging, repeated facial movements, ultraviolet radiation from the sun and smoking. The skin loses its natural elasticity. There are two types of wrinkles, dynamic and static wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles are seen with the movements of the face. Static wrinkles are present when the the face is at rest. Wrinkle treatments are used to make your skin a younger looking appearance.
Wrinkles treatments have to be customized for your skin. There are variety of treatments to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and make your skin youthful.
1. BOTOX: The treatment includes injection of botulinum toxin which may reduce some types of wrinkles especially on forehead and frown lines. Botulinum toxin can only reduce dynamic wrinkles.
2. Chemical Peel: Chemical peels aims to enhance the texture of the skin and and resurface the skin. Various chemicals are used to remove the damaged outer layer of the skin.
3. Dermabrasion: The technique is used to remove the upper layers of the skin and resurface the skin.
4. Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers aim to make your skin smoother and fuller. They are generally used to reduce lines around lips and chin.
5. Laser Resurfacing: The treatment aims to reduce mild scars and fine wrinkles and erase lines.
Length of stay in hospital : None
Number of trips abroad : 1
Average length of stay abroad 1-2 days
It is recommended to stop taking blood thinners and avoid smoking.
It is important to have realistic expectations about the results of the procedure.
What Happens During Procedure?
1. BOTOX: Botox is a quite safe method. The doctor will inject the Botulinum toxin protein into specific muslces in your face. It will relax the muscles and keeps them from contracting. The skin appears smoother and less wrinkled after the treatment.
2. Chemical Peel: Chemical peel is applied to the affected areas that burns the outer layer of the skin to remove wrinkles and age spots.
3. Dermabrasion: Dermabrasion is done under the local anesthesia. The treatment involves sanding the surface layer of skin with rotating wire brush. By the help of sanding, the skin surface is removed and a new layer grows.
4. Dermal Fillers: The dermal fillers are injected into the skin to increase the volume, reduce lines around chin and lips.
5. Laser Resurfacing: Carbon dioxide and erbium lasers are passed several times to be treated until reaching the middle of the dermis which is second layer of the skin. It helps to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production.
What to Expect After Procedure
The results will depend on the type of treatment, the size of treated area and type of skin.
Botox results typically will be visible around 1-2 week and last about 6 to 9 months. Repeat injections are needed to maintain results.
Chemical peel may be repeated in 8 to 12 months, if necessary.
In dermabrasion, healing time depends on the size and depth of the area. The removal of scars and tatoos is permanent with this treatment. The skin regrows in 5 to 7 days after the procedure and lasts for 4-6 months.
Botox results typically will be after around 1-2 week and last about three to four months. Repeat injections are needed to maintain results.
Dermal filler treatment last from 6 to 18 months depending on the type of filler and the area.